Biodiesels are substitute fuel sources that can be potential replacement to fossil fuels apart from being eco-friendly owing to their carbon-neutral nature. The energy originating from nature-based resources has a premium value due to its lowest environmental impact. The strategies that protect nature are grouped under a philosophy termed as ‘sustainability’. The biodiesel ought to give net energy acquire, have ecological advantages with financially serious, and producible in enormous amounts without diminishing food supplies. The proposed study examines potential of waste cooking oil as a source of bio-diesels by collecting samples of used cooking oil from the food outlets. The characteristics of producing bio-diesel from waste cooking oil are investigated from the point of view of utilizing it on a small batch mode of 5 to 10 litre. The chemistry of transesterification is investigated by adopting computational route to design a reactor and experimentally verifying the small-scale production.
- V. Nageswara Reddy, G Sreenivasa Rao and K Thirupathi Reddy, “Study Of Engine Performance And Exhaust Emission Characteristics Of a 4-Stroke CI Engine Operated With Various Blends Of Biodiesel And Rice Bran Oil”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Science & Technology, Vol. 2, No. 4, November 2013, pp.171-181.
- Umesh T, Manjunath H N, Rukmangadha P, Dr. Madhu D, Experimental Study of Performance & Emission Analysis of Rice bran oil as an Alternative fuel for an I.C. Engine, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Vol. 11, Issue 4 Ver. II (Jul- Aug. 2014), pp 130-134.
- Jasanpreet Singh, Narinder Singh, S.K. Mahla, “Emission Characteristics of Rice Bran Oil Biodiesel as an Alternative in Single Cylinder CI Engine with DI Ethyl Ether Blends”, ISSN No. 2249-3255, 2015.
- Pinkesh R. Shah, “Study the effects of rice bran oil methyl ester on performance and emission characteristic of agriculture diesel engine”, ISSN No. 2395-0072, Volume- 02, Issue-09, 2015.
- Subhan Kumar Mohanty, “A production of biodiesel from rice bran oil and experimenting on small capacity diesel engine”, ISSN No. 2249-6645, Volume-03, Issue-02, 2013.
- Bobade S. N., Khyade V.B., “Preparation of methyl ester from Karanja (pongamia pinnata) oil”, ISSN No. 2231- 606X, Volume-2(8), 2012.
- Raghavendra Prasada, S.A., K. V. Suresh, “Pongamia pinnata biodiesel as an alternative fuel for diesel engine”, ISSN No. 2320-3927, 2014.
- Baste S. V., Bhonsale A. V. what's more, Chavan S. B. “Characteristics of pongemiapinnata biodiesel and its blending up to 100% in CI engine”, ISSN No. 2320- 6063, Volume-1, Issue-7, 2013.
- P. K. Halder, N. Paul, M. R. A. Ask, “Prospect of pongamia pinnata in Bangladesh: A sustainable source of liquid fuel”, 2014.
- Shruthi H. Heroor, S. D. Bharadwaj, “Production of biodiesel from pongemia and its performance on CI engine”, ISSN No. 2231-1319, Volume-4, 2013.
- Daming Huang, Haining Zhou, Lin lin, “Biodiesel: an Alternative to Conventional Fuel”, 2012.
- Mohammad Chakar Ncibi, Mika Sillanpa, “Recent Research and Developments in Biodiesel Production from Renewable Bioresources”, 2013.
- T. Harsha Vardhan, P. Venkata Rao, Shaik Gouse Mohiddin, V. Sridevi, P. Srinu, “Application of Response Surface Methodology for Optimizing Methyl Ester (Biodiesel) Production from Cotton Seed Oil”, ISSN No. 2278-0181, Volume-8, Issue- 12, 2019.
- S. T. Aly*, Sabah M. Farouk, Kareem H. Mokhtar, Yasmine E., Mai E., Nada E., Menna A. and Fatma R, “Synthesis and Characterization of Biodiesel from Waste Cooking Oil and Virgin Oil”, ISSN No. 2278-0181, Volume-8, Issue-12, 2019.
- Shivappa, Praveen Kumar. M. R, Dr. S. Vidyashankar, S Puneeth, “Comparison of Engine Performance Characteristics of a Single Cylinder 4-Stroke Diesel Engine withBlends of Cottonseed, Jatropa and Mahua Biodiesel”, ISSN No. 2278-0181, Volume-8, Issue-09, 2019.
- Arun M. Kulkarni, Mr. Balram Yadav, “Performance Testing of C. I Engine from Biodiesel based on Mexicana Seeds and Waste Fried Oil”, ISSN No. 2278-0181, Volume- 8, Issue-02, 2019.
- Gaurav Dwivedi, M.P. Sharma, “Performance Evaluation of Diesel Engine Using Biodiesel from Pongamia Oil”, Volume-3, No-2, 2013
- Sanjib Kumar Karmee, Raffel Dharma Patria and Carol Sze Ki Lin, “Techno-Economic Evaluation of Biodiesel Production from Waste Cooking Oil—A Case Study of Hong Kong”, ISSN No. 1422-0067, 2015
- Abiodun Aladetuyi , Gabriel A. Olatunji1, David S. Ogunniyi , Temitope E. Odetoye, Stephen O. Oguntoye, “Production and characterization of biodiesel using palm kernel oil; fresh and recovered from spent bleaching earth”, Biofuel research journal, Volume- 1, Issue-4, 2014.
- Aasif Khan A, Aneesh V M, Mohan Kumar P, Sakthivel B, “An Investigation on Performance and Emission Characteristics of various Biodiesel Blends with Madhuca Indica Biodiesel”, ISSN No. 2278-0181, 2015
- A. Ganesh, K. Gokula Kannan. “Combustion Characteristics of Macro and Micro Algae Biodiese”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Science & Technology, ISSN No. 2278-0181, 2015.
- Ramesh babu, Dr Sharanappa Godiganur, “Niger Seed (Guizotia Abyssinica) as a Source of Biodiesel in India”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Science & Technology, ISSN No. 2278-0181, 2015.
- A. Demirbas. “Production of Biodiesel from Algae Oils”, Taylor and Francis online, Volume-31, Issue-2, 2008.
- Zahira Yaakob, Masita Mohammd, Zahangir Aam, “Overview Of the Production Of Biodiesel From Waste Cooking Oil”, Science Direct, Volume-8, 2013.
- Yong wang, shiyi ou, pengzhan liu, “Comparison of Two Different Processes to Synthesize Biodiesel by Waste Cooking Oil”, Research Gate, 2006.
- Yong wang, shiyi ou, pengzhan liu, “Preparation of biodiesel from waste cooking oil via two-step catalyzed process”, Research Gate, 2007.
- Alemayehu Gashaw, Abile Teshita, “Production of Biodiesel from Waste Cooking Oil and Factors Affecting It’s Formation: A Review”, International Journal Of Sustainable and Green Energy, Volume-3, Issue-5, 2014.
- Claudia sheinbaum, anrea calderon, “Potential of Biodiesel from Waste Cooking Oil in Mexico, Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations, 2013.
- Shishir M. hingu, parag R. Gogate, “Synthesis of biodiesel from waste cooking oil using sonochemical reactors”, National Centre for Biotechnology Information, 2010.
- G.R. Kannan, R. Anand, “Effect of Injection Pressure and Injection Timing on DI Diesel Engine Fuelled with Biodiesel from Waste Cooking Oil”, Science Direct, Volume- 46,2012.