As Today, conventional engines are being replaced by electric vehicles due to environmental concerns and concern about the exhaustion of fossil fuels. Li-ion cells are often used in EV’s because of their high energy density. The thermal behaviour of the batteries is crucial not only for safety operation but also for their capacity and life. This article focusses primarily on the effect of inclusion of conductive material and conditioned air on the battery module. A three-dimensional flow and thermal analysis of an air-cooled module that contains prismatic lithium-ion cells fitted in aluminum structure. The flow and thermal simulation is carried out at the peak discharge of the batteries i.e. 2C rating  using a commercial CFD package. The results are compared with the base line model analysis which is performed with same parameters. The temperature is decreased by 7.2oC on average for the addition of fins to the battery module. The increased load on the AC unit is calculated as well when the air is directed to battery module and sufficient modifications for the system are suggested.
- Petroleum, British. "BP Statistical Review of world energy 2015." Statistical review of world energy 2016 (2015): 65.
- Abas, N., et al. "Review of GHG emissions in Pakistan compared to SAARC countries." Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 80 (2017): 990-1016.
- Masayoshi, W. A. D. A. "Research and development of electric vehicles for clean transportation." Journal of Environmental Sciences 21.6 (2009): 745-749.
- Budde-Meiwes, Heide, et al. "A review of current automotive battery technology and future prospects." Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 227.5 (2013): 761-776.
- Warner, John T. The handbook of lithium-ion battery pack design: chemistry, components, types and terminology. Elsevier, 2015.
- Ghosh, Debashis, et al. Full hybrid electrical vehicle battery pack system design, CFD simulation and testing. No. 2010-01-1080. SAE Technical Paper, 2010.
- Adair, Desmond, Kairat Ismailov, and Zhumabay Bakenov. "Thermal Management of Lithium-ion Battery Packs." (2014).
- Pesaran, Ahmad A. "Battery thermal management in EV and HEVs: issues and solutions." Battery Man 43.5 (2001): 34-49.
- Khan, Mohammad Rezwan, Maciej Jozef Swierczynski, and Søren Knudsen Kær. "Towards an ultimate battery thermal management system: A review." Batteries 3.1 (2017): 9.
- Pesaran, A., Matthew Keyser, and Steve Burch. An approach for designing thermal management systems for electric and hybrid vehicle battery packs. No. NREL/CP-540-25992. National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, CO (US), 1999.
- Tao, Li. "Study on Thermal effects of lithium-ion battery in electric vehicle and battery package dissipation structural optimization." Chongqing University (2013): 13-47.
- Rao, Zhonghao, and Shuangfeng Wang. "A review of power battery thermal energy management." Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 15.9 (2011): 4554-4571.
- Sabbah, Rami, et al. "Active (air-cooled) vs. passive (phase change material) thermal management of high power lithium-ion packs: Limitation of temperature rise and uniformity of temperature distribution." Journal of Power Sources 182.2 (2008): 630-638.
- Teng, Ho, and Kim Yeow. "Design of direct and indirect liquid cooling systems for high-capacity, high-power lithium-ion battery packs." SAE International Journal of Alternative Powertrains 1.2 (2012): 525-536.
- Zou, Huiming, et al. "Performance analysis of a heat pump air conditioning system coupling with battery cooling for electric vehicles." Energy Procedia 61 (2014): 891-894.
- Bernardi, D., E. Pawlikowski, and John Newman. "A general energy balance for battery systems." Journal of the electrochemical society 132.1 (1985): 5-12.
- Fan, Liwu, J. M. Khodadadi, and A. A. Pesaran. "A parametric study on thermal management of an air-cooled lithium-ion battery module for plug-in hybrid electric vehicles." Journal of Power Sources 238 (2013): 301-312.
- Vaghela, Jignesh K., and Ragesh G. Kapadia. "The load calculation of automobile air conditioning system." International Journal of Engineering Development and Research 2.1 (2014): 97-109.
- Somasundaram, Karthik, Erik Birgersson, and Arun Sadashiv Mujumdar. "Thermal–electrochemical model for passive thermal management of a spiral-wound lithium-ion battery." Journal of Power Sources 203 (2012): 84-96