Suspension System is classified as the most important subsystem of a vehicle as its design is responsible for the dynamic performance, comfort and safety level of the vehicle. This paper focuses on designing the suspension system for an ATV and considers its impact on steering geometry. LOTUS Shark Suspension Analysis software has been used as the prime software tool for the designing and simulation process for the suspension and to study its corresponding effects on the steering geometry. The literature also includes the force calculations that are performed during suspension design. It also sheds light on calculations and design aspects of the steering subsystem as well.
- Behera, Dibya Narayan, et al. Design , Static and Dynamic Analysis of an All- Terrain Vehicle Chassis and Suspension System. no. 2, 2016, pp. 120–28.
- Kalyan, Ch Satya. Design and Dynamic Characteristics of Suspension System for All-Terrain Vehicle. no. 2, 2018, pp. 303–10.
- M P, Bharathi Mohan, et al. “Stability Improvement of an ATV by Modifying Suspension Parameters.” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, vol. 07, no. 06, 2017, pp. 01–05, https://doi.org/10.9790/9622-0706060105.
- Vedashri Joshi et al., Vedashri Joshi et al. .. “Design and Analysis of H-Frame with Lateral Link Suspension for an Off-Road Vehicle.” International Journal of Industrial Engineering & Technology, vol. 9, no. 1, 2019, pp. 29–38, https://doi.org/10.24247/ijietjun20193.
- Thosar, Aniket. “Design, Analysis and Fabrication of Rear Suspension System for an All Terrain Vehicle.” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, vol. 5, no. 11, 2014, pp. 258–63.
- Schlereth, Tripp, and Stephen Sparks. 2010 Baja Sae Suspension. 2010, pp. 1–9.
- Gawandalkar, Udhav U., et al. “Design, Analysis and Optimization of Suspension System for an Off Road Car.” International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT), vol. 3, no. 9, 2014, pp. 313-18.
- Mishra, Reena, and Anand Baghel. “Design , Analysis and Optimization of Front Suspension Wishbone of BAJA 2016 of All- Terrain Vehicle- A Review.” International Journal of Research in Mechanical, Mechatronics and Automobile Engineering (IJRMMAE), vol. 2, no. Iss.3, 2017, pp.40–52.
- Sharma, Sumit. Design Review of Suspension Assembly of a BAJA ATV. no. May, 2020, pp.6420-26.
- Karanja, Bethuel, and Elin Skoog. Experimental Investigation of Rolling Losses and Optimal Camber and Toe Angle. 2015.
- Nayan Deshmukh, et al. “Design of double wishbone suspension system of BAJA vehicle”. International Journal of Advance Engineering and Research Development, Vol. 4, Issue 12, 2017, p. 852-859.
- Ansara, Andrew S., et al. “Optimization of Front Suspension and Steering Parameters of an Off-Road Car Using Adams/Car Simulation.” International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), vol. 6, no. 09, 2017, pp. 104–09.
- Tambe, Tushar Digambar. Design and Development of Front-Suspension System of an Off-Road Vehicle. no. 4, 2017, pp. 39–44.
- Neelakrishnan, Dr. S., et al. “Analysis and Improvement of the Steering Characteristics of an ATV.” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, vol. 07, no. 05, 2017, pp.18–25, https://doi.org/10.9790/9622-0705041825.
- Richard, By, et al. Steer Angles , Ackerman and Tire Slip Angles. 2004, pp. 1–12.
- Teams, Formula Students, and Optimumg May. OptimumKinematics Generic FSAE Case Study. no. May, 2015.
- William F.Milliken, and Douglas L. Milliken. “Race Car Vehicle Dynamics.” SAE International, 1994, p.918, https://www.sae.org/publications/books/content/r-146/.
- Gillespie, Thomas D. Fundamentals of vehicle dynamics. Vol. 114. SAE Technical Paper, 1992.
- Baja, SAE. 2016 Collegiate Design Series. 2016, pp. 1–66, https://www.bajasae.net/content/2016_BAJA_Rules_Final-9.8.15.pdf.